At HFG Attorneys Inc. we specialise in criminal defence matters that include bail applications, pre-trial stage proceedings and liaison with the South African Police Service and representation of our client’s during criminal trials proceedings in the following matters:
- Public violence.
- Drunk Driving and Driving under the influence in terms of the National Road Traffic Act, 1996 (Act No. 93 of 1996)
- General traffic related offences.
- Municipal legislation offences.
- Crimen injuria and criminal defamation.
- Issues and offences relating to immigration within the South African Law.
- Reckless and Negligent Driving
- Culpable Homicide.
- Offences relating to the Drugs and Drug Trafficking Act, 1992 (Act No. 140 of 1992)
- Offences relating to the Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act No. 60 of 2000). Any offence relating to the dealing in or smuggling of ammunition, firearms, explosives or armament or the possession of an automatic or semi-automatic firearm, explosives or armament.
- Offences relating to abalone and poaching.
- Offences relating to ivory.
- Offences relating to rhino poaching.
- Assault, when a dangerous wound is inflicted.
- Malicious injury to property.
- Breaking or entering any premises, whether under the common law or a statutory provision, with intent to commit an offence.
- Theft, whether under the common law or a statutory provision.
- Receiving stolen property knowing it to have been stolen.
- Forgery or uttering a forged document knowing it to have been forged.
- Offences relating to the International Criminal law and representation.
- Rape or compelled rape as contemplated in sections 3 and 4 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, respectively.
- Sexual assault, compelled sexual assault or compelled self-sexual assault as contemplated in section 5, 6 or 7 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, respectively.
- Any other sexual offences committed in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007.
- Trafficking in persons relating to the Prevention and Combating of Trafficking in Persons Act, 2013.
- Bestiality as contemplated in section 13 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007.
- Child stealing.
- Offences relating to the coinage.
- Escaping from lawful custody after arrest and detention.
- Any offence under any law relating to the illicit dealing in or possession of precious metals or precious stones.
- Drafting written representation, consultations and negotiations with the National Prosecution Authority.
- Assistance with mediation in criminal matters.
- Assistance with diversion of criminal matters.
- Contempt of court.
- Bail applications and trial proceedings
Firearm related criminal defence
At HFG Attorneys in Paarl, Western Cape, we also assist our clients with all firearm related matters across the border of the Western Cape. This will include, but is not limited to, criminal trials, bail applications and liason with the South African Police Service, regarding the following matters:
- When you are being charged with the negligent loss of a firearm in terms of Section 120(8) of the Firearms Controls Act, 2000 (Act No 60 of 2000)
- Charged with pointing of a firearm
- Being accused of Illegal possession of firearms and/or ammunition in contravention of the Firearms Controls Act, 2000.
- Charged and accused of Assault and Assault with the Intent to Cause Grievous Bodily Harm.
- Charged with Culpable Homicide and Murder after using your firearm
For any assistance regarding the firearm related criminal defence, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgWe also assist our clients with appeals against judgments to the High Court of South Africa and the Supreme Court of Appeal. For any enquiries and to speak to a criminal defence specialist, please send an email to