Legally Armed in Paarl, Western Cape, specialises in firearm related matters in association with HFG Attorneys in Paarl, Western Cape. We can assist you with specialized legal service regarding the following:
- Legal representation and assistance in instances where the SAPS institute proceedings against you in terms of section 102 of the Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act No. 60 of 2000) to declare you unfit to possess a firearm.
- Legal representation and drafting of formal affidavits on behalf of an accused who has been charged criminally for a contravention of the Act.
- Civil litigation and claims against the SAPS or other state departments for damages suffered due to illegal arrests and detention.
- Assistance with applications to apply for further / additional state documents in terms of the PAJA- and PAIA Act.
- Drafting of legal opinions regarding issues and matter in terms of the Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act No. 60 of 2000)
- Assisting our clients with estate firearms and the administration thereof.
- Assisting attorneys and law firms with legal assistance, advice and administration regarding issues relating to the Firearms Controls Act, 2000.
SAPS Competency Certificate (Firearms Control Act, 2000)
- Application for SAPS competency certificates for individuals, collectors and individuals with previous criminal records.
- Applications for renewal of SAPS competency certificates.
- Applications for further competency.
- Applications for competency regarding firearm dealers, manufacturers and gunsmiths.
SAPS Licence Applications (Firearms Control Act, 2000)
- New SAPS licence applications to possess a firearm in terms of section 13 of the act for self-defence.
- New SAPS licence applications in terms of section 14 of the act for restricted firearms for self-defence.
- New SAPS licence applications for occasional hunting and sport shooting purposes in terms of section 15 of the act.
- New SAPS license applications for dedicated hunting & sport shooting purposes in terms of section 16 of the act.
- New SAPS license application in terms of section 17 of the act for private collectors.
SAPS APPLICATIONS FOR BUSINESSES LICENSES
- New licenses.
- Dealers, Manufacturers and Gunsmiths.
APPLICATION FOR IMPORTS- / EXPORT PERMITS & TRANSPORTER’S PERMITS
APPLICATIONS FOR TEMPORARY AUTHORIZATION TO POSSESS A FIREARM (Section 21)
ACCREDITATION FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES FOR
- Hunting association, Sports-shooting organisation and Collectors association.
- Public collectors
- Shooting ranges.
- Training providers in the use of firearms.
- Provide firearms for use in theatrical, film or television productions.
- Game ranchers.
- Conduct business in hunting as Professional Hunters.
- Other business purposes (several different options depending on the main object of the business, such as in-house security, anti-poaching, etc.)
APPEALS AGAINST DECISION OF SAPS:
- Appeals against refusals in general of firearm applications.
- Appeals against SAPS decisions regarding previous convictions.
- Appeals against SAPS decisions to declare a person unfit to possess a firearm in terms of section 102 of the act.